The tour starts with a visit to the Acropolis hill. On our way up, you will visit the Dionysus Theater, where all the famous ancient dramas and tragedies were first performed. You will walk around the stunning Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the sanctuary of the healing god Asclepius. On the top of the hill you will visit the Propylea, the Temple of Nike, the Erechtheion Temple, and of course the Parthenon; the symbol of democracy and western civilization. Dating back to 5th century B.C, these monuments are testimonials of the glorious ancient Athens and the Golden Age of Pericles.
Right after the Acropolis tour you will have the opportunity to visit the Acropolis Museum located just a few minutes walk from the Acropolis site. On the ground floor the exhibited artifacts reveal to us facets of the Athenian daily life; you get to know the wedding customs, the children’s favorite toys, the healing techniques, the religious practices. On the first floor, you will experience the greatness of ancient Greek sculpture standing at a breathing distance from the mysterious archaic statues of the 6th century B.C that once adorned the Acropolis. Be fascinated by walking next to the Caryatids and huge pieces of the Acropolis entrance. At the last floor, next to the breathtaking view of the Acropolis, one can admire the original unique in concept and artistic excellence Parthenon frieze.
- Skip the lines at the ticket offices to the Acropolis of Athens
- Discover the first theater of humanity at Theater of Dionysus
- Marvel at the remains of temples and monuments from ancient Greece
- Listen to the histories of all the ancient monuments from licensed tour guides
- Visit the new Acropolis Museum
Outside the Acropolis metro station opposite the Crescendo Cafe (coming by metro you will leave from the exit Makriyianni / Dionysiou Areopaghitou). Your guide will be standing next to the Metro sign, on Makrigianni pedestrian walkway, holding a white and light blue “Athenian Tours” sign. You can also consult the following link with the coordinates for the exact meeting point (https://goo.gl/maps/663sG4BALxhhREaa6).
Good to know
- Small group very personal high-quality experience
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Family friendly
- Not suitable for children under 6 years old
- The tour lasts 3-4 hours, depending on group’s pace and weather conditions.
- The tour ends in the Museum, so you can stay on to explore the place further, if you wish.
- In an effort to ensure that you will avoid any kind of discomfort and most importantly that you will feel comfortable, our guides may change order of the sites you may visit.
- Tour is offered by Licensed Tourist Guides
- The tours are conducted in English
- Private tours are also conducted in Spanish and French.
Entrance fees and tickets
Entrance tickets for the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum are included
We skip the line by buying the tickets for you in advance. Our guide will get the tickets for you.