Meet your guide at the Acropolis Metro station and begin your walking tour. Pass the lines and experience the thrill of seeing the Theater of Dionysus where many famous ancient comedies and tragedies were first performed.
Continue to the Roman Herodion theater which was built in memory of the wife of Herodes Atticus. Stroll to the remains of the healing temple Asklepieion of Athens which was built in honor of the gods Asclepius and Hygeia.
Climb up to the gateway of the Acropolis, the Propylaea. Take in views of the Temple of Athena Nike. Walk to the Parthenon which was dedicated to the goddess Athena, the patroness of the city of Athens. Admire this architectural edifice which is the zenith of Doric architecture of the 5th century.
Finally, see the Erechtheion which is a unique masterpiece of architecture mainly due to its asymmetrical composition, and its supports that include 6 sculpted female figures, the famous Caryatids.
- See the Theater of Dionysus where famous ancient plays were once performed
- Travel back in time as you enter the Acropolis through the Propylaea gate
- View a prominent symbol of democracy and western civilization at the Parthenon
- Listen to the history behind the monuments and temples at the Acropolis
- Admire the Caryatids, six female figures that help to support the Erechtheion temple
Outside the Acropolis metro station opposite the Crescendo Cafe (coming by metro you will leave from the exit Makriyianni / Dionysiou Areopaghitou). Your guide will be standing next to the Metro sign, on Makrigianni pedestrian walkway, holding a white and light blue “Athenian Tours” sign. You can also consult the following link with the coordinates for the exact meeting point (https://goo.gl/maps/663sG4BALxhhREaa6).
Good to know
- Small group very personal high-quality experience
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Family friendly
- Not suitable for children under 6 years old
- The tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours, depending on group’s pace and weather conditions.
- In an effort to ensure that you will avoid any kind of discomfort and most importantly that you will feel comfortable, our guides may change order of the sites you may visit.
- Tour is offered by Licensed Tourist Guides
- The tours are conducted in English
- Private tours are also conducted in Spanish and French.
FAQ’s for Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon Guided Tour with Entry Tickets
Q: Are the entrance fees included in the tour price?
A: Yes, entrance tickets for the Acropolis are included in the tour package.
Q: Do we have to wait in line to enter the Acropolis?
A: We provide skip-the-line access by pre-purchasing the tickets for you. We skip the lines at the ticket offices. There is no skip-the-line separate entrance to the Acropolis. No one can skip the lines to Acropolis. Our guide will ensure a smooth entry.
Q: Can I take photographs during the tour?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to capture the incredible sights and landmarks throughout the tour.
Q: Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
A: The tour involves walking and climbing stairs, so a moderate level of fitness is recommended. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Q: Will we have time to explore each attraction on the Acropolis?
A: While the tour provides a comprehensive overview, the duration may not allow for in-depth exploration of every site.
Q: Can we use the elevator to go up the Acropolis?
A: The elevator cannot be used during group guided tours.
Q: What happens if the weather conditions are unfavorable?
A: The tour will proceed as scheduled, unless there are extreme weather conditions. In case of rain, we recommend bringing appropriate gear.