You will meet your personal guide at the Acropolis Metro station and you will head towards the holy rock of Acropolis. You will first meet the Theater of Dionysus which is the place where many famous ancient comedies and tragedies were first performed.
Then you will see the Roman Herodion theater and the remains of the healing temple Asklepieion of Athens.
You will pass through the imposing Propylaea, the gateway of the Acropolis, pass by the Temple of Athena Nike and admire the Parthenon the unique temple dedicated to the goddess Athena and the Erechtheion with the famous Caryatids.
The itinerary can and will be customized by your personal guide depending on your interests and requirements. You will hear numerous and interesting stories about the Acropolis hill and its monuments but not only about them! You will have the chance to ask whatever you like your personal guide and everything will be explained to you in detail and at your own pace.
- See the Theater of Dionysus where famous ancient plays were once performed
- Travel back in time as you enter the Acropolis through the Propylaea gate
- View a prominent symbol of democracy and western civilization at the Parthenon
- Admire the Caryatids, six female figures that help to support the Erechtheion temple
- Listen to untold histories behind the monuments and temples at the Acropolis
- Express all your questions and your guide will explain in every detail everything you wish to know regarding not only the history of the area and its monuments but the Ancient Greece in general
- Enjoy an adorable panoramic view of the entire city of Athens and take unique photos.
Outside the Acropolis metro station opposite the Crescendo Cafe (coming by metro you will leave from the exit Makriyianni / Dionysiou Areopaghitou). Your guide will be standing next to the Metro sign, on Makrigianni pedestrian walkway, holding a white and light blue “Athenian Tours” sign. You can also consult the following link with the coordinates for the exact meeting point (https://goo.gl/maps/663sG4BALxhhREaa6).
Good to know
- Small group very personal high-quality experience
- Family friendly
- Not suitable for children under 6 years old
- The tour lasts approximately 3-4 hours, depending on group’s pace and weather conditions.
- In an effort to ensure that you will avoid any kind of discomfort and most importantly that you will feel comfortable, our guides may change order of the sites you may visit.
- Tour is offered by Licensed Tourist Guides
- The tours are conducted in English
- Private tours are also conducted in Spanish and French upon request.
Entrance fees and tickets
Entrance tickets for the Acropolis are included
We skip the line by buying the tickets for you in advance. Our guide will get the tickets for you.